Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gareth_Evans (InterCall EMEA) Gareth_Evans (InterCall EMEA) is offline

Default Hightlight cells that contain special characters

Stefi, Gord and Ron - thank you all so much for your replies. This has
inspired me to learn VBA properly and write a script that will help one of
our teams even more.

With this sheet I plan to have the cells which contain anything other than
A-Z/0-9/space/Hyphen/' show in red.
Cells in certain columns which can only have a max amount of characters
highlight in blue, an email validation check (for basic format) showing in
red also and to turn all cell contents into 'Case Text'.

I've even got my workbook to close without giving the user an option to save
changes!! I know this is all basic stuff to the pro's but I was so impressed
:)

Thanks again and, if anyone reads this and can recommend helpful reference
material/books for a beginner I'd love to hear from them.

Very best regards,

Gareth