Larry Novida

Default COUNTIF and Nested Functions?

I want to capture the number of orders closed, open, and how long (# of
days) the orders have been open. The # of open days is already calculated
and is stored in column $AA.

The formulas are entered on a separate worksheet that also combines
information from other worksheets.

For the total # of orders, the following formula works just fine:
=COUNTIF('[DataSource.xls]Sheet1'!$A:$A,"*")-1

For the number of Closed orders, the following formula works just fine:
=COUNTIF('[DataSource.xls]Sheet1'!$E:$E,"Closed")-1

What I want to do now is get a count of the number of open orders based on
the following ranges: 0 - 14 Days, 15 - 30 Days, 31 - 45 Days, 45 - 60
Days, 61 - 75 Days, 76 - 90 Days, and 90 Days. I started with:

=COUNTIF('[DataSource.xls]Sheet1'!$E:$E,"<Closed")-1

but I now need help with nesting the query so that I can get the count of
orders for the different ranges.

I chose to use < Closed because there are also different order statuses,
i.e. new, pending, in progress, cancelled, etc.

Any alternate/better ideas for doing this in Excel would be appreciated.