Llurker

I figured out that I can use the offset function to do what I need. That
allows me to vary the row and keep the column offset fixed for as wide an
array as I need.

=E2-offset($O2,0,5) this formula is the same in all fields of the array; it
varies by row but not by column.

"Llurker" wrote in message
. ..
I have an RxC array which contains formulas in each cell. The formula has a
variable that varies vertically & horizontally, and a variable that varies
horizontally by row: E.g:
=E2-$O$2, =F2-$O$2, ...
=E3-$O$3, =F3-$O$3, ...
I would like to find a better way to populate the array as I add rows. I
would greatly appreciate a shortcut or macro or ?? that will help me do
this. The first variable works properly when I fill right and down, but
the second one ($O$2) varies by row, but then stays the same across the
width of the array. Thanks much!

dmn