Peo Sjoblom

If you mean that when you copy down the formula one row it will average the
next 24 entries like if the first 24 entries are A1:A24 and when you copy
down the formula it will average A25:A48?

=AVERAGE(OFFSET($A$1,ROW(1:1)*24-1,,-24,))

replace $A$1 with your first value

Peo Sjoblom

"GWit" wrote in message
have an application where a logger is recording a "reading" every hour and
is
downloaded into Excel .. one column shows date and time and other column
shows the reading (24 a day) ... in another part of the spreadsheet,
averaging the 24 readings to get a daily average which are in subsequent
rows
for each day so they can be graphed ... if I try to copy the averaging
formula, it only only adds one row to the range ... is there a way of
copying, a function or macro I can write to make the range correct ?
--
GWit