Biff

Hi!

It's probably a data validation input message.

Select the cell then goto DataValidation. Click the Input message tab and
see if there's an entry there.

Biff

"MistWolf" wrote in message
Hello,
My friend and I are pretty proficient in Excel, but have never seen this
before. When selecting a cell, a yellow box pops up with information. I
can
move the box around the sheet, but it does not appear to be a comment.
(When
I do add a comment in the sheet, I can right click the comment to change
properties and it also has a line attaching it to the cell it's commenting
on
- this yellow box does not).

I've tried searching help, etc but don't know enough of what to look for.
Any help would be appreciated!

I'll send you a screenshot if you need more info - that speaks more than
words!