Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Russell Dawson Russell Dawson is offline

Default separate values from 1 cell to many rows

It seems that you have the addresses all in one row.
If that is correct why not use the "Text to columns" function. In 2007 in
the ribbon select the Data tab then In Data tools - text to columns. Ensure
you have only selected the first column with your data.
Original data type - delimited - next
Delimiters - other - input the and ensure all other boxes are unchecked -
next
Data preview - select each col and make text - finish
this should now have the result of each email address in a column of it's own.
Now copy and paste special - transpose to create the addresses in rows.

Was this post helpful to you? Please click yes.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel student

"bj 3233" wrote:

I have a list of email address that are separated by the symbol.
I want to separte each address to its own row