Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Rounding up/down to .95

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 13:00:03 -0800, MarcV
wrote:

This is a Mircosoft Office 2007 Excel spread sheet.

I need to figure out a formula that can round up or down to $xx.95 using the
following situation

cost: 18.23
mark up: 1.8
Retail-based on this alone would be $32.81

A1= Cost
A3= Retail
A2= Mark up

Formula used in A3 is- =A1*A2

My problem is that the owner wants all cents to be rounded up or down to .95
and costs are all different throught the cost columns.

Is there a formula that can be entered to do such a funtion?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

If you are rounding "up or down", where is the "dividing line". In other
words, at what value to you change from rounding down to rounding up?
--ron