Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HagridC HagridC is offline

Default Rounding up/down to .95

My mistake. I neglected to consider the round down.
--
Have a Great Day!
HagridC

"David-Melbourne-Australia" wrote:

Hi again

Just noticed HagridC's response. Just to clarify:

If you have $31.01 and you wanted it to be rounded up to $31.95, then
HagridC's formula will do that. His formula basically works on even if there
is just one cent, round up to the next 95 cents.

I assumed you wanted rounding based on the 45c mark, so if is $31.44, it
will round down to $30.95, but $31.45 will round up to $31.95. If this is
the case, use my formula.

Hope this clarifies.

David

"MarcV" wrote:

This is a Mircosoft Office 2007 Excel spread sheet.

I need to figure out a formula that can round up or down to $xx.95 using the
following situation

cost: 18.23
mark up: 1.8
Retail-based on this alone would be $32.81

A1= Cost
A3= Retail
A2= Mark up

Formula used in A3 is- =A1*A2

My problem is that the owner wants all cents to be rounded up or down to .95
and costs are all different throught the cost columns.

Is there a formula that can be entered to do such a funtion?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.