Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
--Viewpoint --Viewpoint is offline

Default Link cells with text not numbers

Thank you for responding. Yes, it is giving me what I want but I wanted to
know if there is a more accurate way to work with text. I'll take your
advice to learn more about the functions you suggest. I want to learn more
about improving my knowledge and using functions as efficiently as possible.
Again, thank you.

"David-Melbourne-Australia" wrote:

What your formula is doing in layman terms is... If the contents of 'General
Info'!C2 has a text string or a number in it that is greater than zero, then
put this value, otherwise if it blank, zero, a negative number, etc. then put
null / nothing. Is this what you wanted it to do ? Maybe I need more detail
to understand your query.

You may need to look at functions like ISBLANK(), ISTEXT(), ISNONTEXT(),
ISNUMBER(), T(), etc.

Hope this helps !

David

"--Viewpoint" wrote:

I'm working with a worksheet of cells with general information (text) that I
linked to various cells on worksheets within a workbook. I created the
formula below and it works but I'm not sure it is the most accurate way to
write the formula.

=IF('General Info'!C20,'General Info'!C2,"")

All linked cells contain text, not numbers, so I'm questioning the 0. Any
better alternatives?