Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Using wildcards with logical (IF, AND) conditional formatting

CFFormula is =AND(B1=1,LEFT(A1,2)<"12")

The no color part takes care of itself.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:11:02 -0800, olddog
wrote:

I have two columns: A & B. Assume A contains a combinaton of numbers and
letters (e.g. 13.00.10i.022) and is formated as "General." Column B is a
whole number between 1 and 3. I would like to create a Conditional Format
formula that says "IF B=1 AND A does NOT begin with the number "12", then
color that ROW red. Continuing, "IF B=1 AND A DOES begin with the number
"12," then do nothing (no color format). How do I do this?

Thanks !