Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paulette Paulette is offline

Default Can excel populate a list from another worksheet

Thanks, I was told acess would be a better tool by someone else too. Guess I
better get the book out.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

While that would be better accomplished with a database you can do it in XL.
Primarily you will be wanting to use Vlookup type formulas (or index/match)
to relate the chosen individuals on one sheet back to the interveiewd peopl
on the other. Hard to comment further without more info and like I said a
Database would probably be a better options if you know databases or someone
who could help you get one set up.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Paulette" wrote:

I have a worksheet with basic information (name, address, etc with just a few
formulas [like calculating age] ) that I fill out interviewing a person.
What I need is the ability to have that info populate another worksheet if
they end up in our program, (some will, some won't). Is that possible with
excel?