Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help creating a time function

If you want to add it up, you need to make it a time, not text, so
=E30+I30 (and format as [h]:mm)
--
David Biddulph

Josh wrote:
I just noticed that if it is actual time it works. What I am trying
to caculate is the extra time with this formula.
=TEXT(E30+I30,"h:mm") How can I add that time up?

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, =SUM(A2:D2) work on time, but if the result exceeds 24 hours,
you have to format the resulting cell as Custom: [h]:mm to show the
result as hours.
(Goto Format Cells Number Custom Type: [h]:mm)

Regards,
Per

On 22 Jan., 03:48, Josh wrote:
Per,

That worked PERFECTLY!!! Thank you!!!

Now one more question. I am also trying to add up the time but the
simple =sum (a2:d2) doesnt work. Is there a special one for time?

"Per Jessen" wrote:
Hi

=A1-TIMEVALUE("8:00")

Format the resulting cell as time.

Regards,
Per

On 22 Jan., 02:29, Josh wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to create a time function that will look at a typical
day and add the hours. Then show how many hours after 8 is
overtime. I have the first part created, but how can I write a
formula that will look at say 12:45 hours and tell me 4:45 of it
is overtime? Please help!!

Thanks!!!

.- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -