Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default list in data validation

Just to clear up the DO NOT hit enter...

Sorta sounds like something really bad will happen if you do hit enter. Not
so, if you do hit enter you will have to reselect the data validation cell
to click on the arrow. Just saves you from having to re-select the cell.
Works both ways.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"benji" wrote in message
in a cell I have Data validation with validation criteria to Allow List.
Now my list is a long list of 3 alphabet codes such as
ACE
AET
AMN
ARC
ARM
ASL
ATG
ATS
AUG
AWI
BBC
BEL
BRG
CBS
CDA
CEC
CHT
COP
CPT
CSM
CWT
CWT
DBA
DTK
when I do a normal filter I can go from one code starting with say letter
"A" to another code starting with "D" by simply pressing "D" on the
keyboard. This does not happen in this list. Is there some way I can make
it
happen.