Bob Phillips

=INDEX(Z:Z,MATCH(value,X:X,0))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Caligula" wrote in
message ...

When using the lookup function, the value from where Column X (assuming
the value is found at XA) and Row N intersect is returned. I'm looking
for a way to return the value of a cell two cells to Column X's right
(in this example, would be ZN). There is no way to use the lookup
function to return this value, as cells XA, YA, ZA are merged. The only
way to do this (that I can think of) is to return the reference of where
Column X and Row N meet to use an offset function to return the value of
the cell two columns to Column X's right (value of ZN). Is this possible
or does anyone know another way to do such a thing? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Caligula
Caligula's Profile: