Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neon520 Neon520 is offline

Default Pivot Table - Changes

Hi Everyone,

I just discover that I can use Pivot Table in Excel to help me manage me
data easier in a table view format.
However, since I'm new with this feature in Excel, I'm having a few questions:
1. I notice that Pivot Table doesn't allow me to delete the data directly in
Pivot Table, but it does allow me to make changes to the data. I thing is I
presume that Excel will make that changes that I made in Pivot Table to the
original data sheet, but as I found out Excel doesn't do that. and I can't
reverse the changes that I made in Pivot Table to the original data sheet
information, so right now my Pivot Table doesn't show what necessarily on my
data sheet, which is not what I want.
Is there a way to make Excel Automatically change the information in the
data sheet as I make changes in the Pivot Table?
If this is not possible, how can I lock Pivot Table so that I won't make any
changes that won't "sync" with the data sheet AND at the same time allow the
Refresh Data Button available when I need to refresh the Pivot Table after
making changes in the data sheet without having to close and reopen file?

2. I notice that the changes in formatting (font size, font type, and cell
border) doesn't stay with Pivot Table as I change the "PAGE" criteria of
Pivot Table. It keeps revert back to the original formatting. Is there a
work around to this?

Sorry for the long post; I just want to make sure to make myself clear.

Thank you very much,
Neon520