Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Doug_F Doug_F is offline

Default Excel 2007 Pivot charts, any way to display filters on the chart?

New to 2007, searched, no joy.

In prior versions, when building a pivot chart, one could see the filters
and their values on the actual chart; page filter, categories, and X axis.

in 2007, I don't see this as an option; filters are in their own dialog box
and are not displayed on the actual chart.

This is problematic especially for page fields because I used the displayed
filters as proxies for chart titles; you could easily see if the displayed
chart was filtered for a data subset or for all data. Now, I need to
remember to add the filter information to the chart title which is easy to
foget and a PITA to do.

I tried turning on the 'display classic' in the pivot table settings but
this doesn't carry over to the chart.

Any help is appreciated.