Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grd Grd is offline

Default Extract the month name from a month

Thanks for the reply,

They all come out Jan. But the Ctrl+1 shortcut was great.

Tx
Grd

"JP" wrote:

If there is just a number in a single cell, just format it to look
like a month name.

In Excel 2003, select the cell, press Ctrl+1, go to Number tab, click
"Custom" and in the Type box, enter "mmm" (without quotes).

--JP

On Feb 3, 2:45 pm, Grd wrote:
Hi there,

I have a month column with just a number like 1 , 7 etc. I'd like to see Jan
instead of 1 and Jul instead of 7. Is there a formula for function for this.
There is only one number in a column at one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tx

Grd

.