Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default how to return mulitple corresponding values

Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this.

EEC.xls 19kb

http://cjoint.com/?cdr7UrLcDS

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"eec" wrote in message
sorry for the lack of detail. i am pulling info from one worksheet with
all
of our invoice information and trying to make a report that only shows the
invoices that match 2 criteria. so if a row of data contains both x and y
then i want it to show on the report. which for now is just a separate
tab
in the same workbook. from the previous posts in this string i can pull
data
that matches one criteria i just don't know how or if i can expand it to
match two criteria. thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

i need column a = x and column b = y and then return results.

Return what results? From where?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"eec" wrote in message
is there a way to modify this formula to match 2 values and return
multiple
corresponding values? i need column a = x and column b = y and then
return
results.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

The basic formula is something like this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(B$1:B$10,SMALL(IF(A$1:A$10=lookup_value,ROW ($1:$10)),ROW(1:1)))

Then copy down.

Where column A contains the lookup_value and column B contains the
values
be returned.

Need more specific details to offer a more robust suggestion.

Biff

"MetricsShiva" wrote in
message
i want to look up a name that occurs several times in one column of a
spreadsheet and return corresponding values from each row the name
occurs
on.
Vlookup returns only one value. How can I get multiple values?

.