Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default fraction into date

Paul,

If you add a 0 before the fraction in EXCEL (0 6/33) then EXCEL won't
convert it into a date... you can try the same trick while copying and
pasting from NOTES...

"pm_sam" wrote:

hi all members... I have excel 2007 and when I enter a number like 6/33 it
turns it into Jun-33. this number 6/33 is being copy from one note 2007 and
pasted into excel. I have tried to manipulate it but to no success and have
checked out 'excel options'. can someone please help. I thank all for your
time and advice and look forward to a reply. many many thanks. Paul.