Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Harold Good Harold Good is offline

Default 2007 line chart, can't make some gridlines heavier than others

Hi,

I had a nice line chart in 2003 with two lines, one for Planned and one
for Actual. Across the bottom axis I had years, e.g. 2006, 2007, etc.
These years were major gridlines formatted in heavy black and ran
vertically. Up the left vertical axis was percent.

The reports come in quarterly, therefore, between each yearly heavy
gridline, there were 4 quarterly gridlines. So every 4th gridline was
heavy black (representing the start of each year), and in between were 3
quarterly gridlines that were light black.

The difference between the heavy annual lines with the 3 lighter
gridlines in between made it very easy to see where each new year began.

In Excel 2007, I cannot figure out how to do this. When I save from 2003
to 2007, this is lost, all gridlines have the same heaviness. I've spent
hours googling, and reading the helps but cannot figure out how to do
this in 2007. Is there a way to have both heavy and light vertical
gridlines in 2007, or is this feature lost?

I'd sure appreciate any help you can offer.
Harold