Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Copying selected columns from 1 chart to another.

In cell C161:
=OFFSET($C7,,MATCH(C$160,$D$1:$AA$1,0))

Copy down and acorss to cell F232.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Darren" wrote:

This was previously asked in programming but the original question was
missleading the answers so:

From the start:

My chart has names in A7:A78, skills in D1:AA1.
Using RAND() and indexing a separate vertical list of the skills I can
randomly generate 4 from the list. These are placed in C160:F160 with the
list of names copied to A161:A232.

What I want to do is find each randomly generated skill (C160:F160) in
D1:AA1 then copy the corresponding data from below it (*7:*78) into C161:C232
for the 1st skill, D161:D232 for the 2nd and so on for all 4.

For example:
1st generated skill is archery. I want to find archery in D1:AA1 which is
actually H1 then copy H7:H78 into C161:C232. Same for the 2nd skill into
D161:D232, etc.

How would I go about this?