Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Month Function on UK dates formats (dd/mm/yyy)

It may be for than just a formatting issue. For example in A1 enter:
1/13/2010 (US format)
In A2 enter:
=A1 and format as dd/m/yyyy
You will see:

1/13/2010
13/1/2010

However, both MONTH(A1) and MONTH(A2) will equal 1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Gene Moirao" wrote:

Hi, (Excel 2007)
I'm in the US, created 2 tabs, 1 with US dates (formatted as DATE) and the
other tab with UK dates (also formatted as DATE).

File sent to UK to enter dates (dd/mm/yyyy)

=MONTH works find pulling out months from US dates, but fails on some UK
dates.
FAILS on =month(13/1/2010) #VALUE! but ok with =month(12/1/2010). I suspect
it is failing because it's "out of date range".

My goal is to pull out the month from all UK dates.

THANK for your help!
Gene