Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Formula Help

=IF(A1="","",21.50)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:44:33 +0000, Robb S.
wrote:

I am creating an invoice in Excel. I would like to be able to creat a
formula that will enter an amount in say column B IF there is ANY text
in column A. trying to use the IF function, I don't know what I could
put into the "Logical test" box in order to have it accepted. After
that, I would put my standard fee amount into the "value if true" line
and a space, blank or zero in the "value if false" line. So what would
I need to enter into the logical test box to make this happen? The
value that will ultimately be in column A will either be ANY date, or
ANY NAME.

Help ~ and thanks

Robb