Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tammyncook tammyncook is offline

Default Is Vlookup the correct way to do this?

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet which is basically a database. I want to create a
separate worksheet that will fill in with information from this database.
What I want to do is enter a number and have it fill in separate cells with
info from the corresponding line from the source workbook.
I have it setup using Vlookup for each cell after I enter the number from
the spreadsheet. It seems to be working fine except for a certain group of
numbers. It doesn't always display the info from the source workbook. I have
no idea why. I thought I had found some literature from Microsoft that says
there is a known issue where it may not display if the source workbook is not
open. But it only does this with a certain group of the numbers and not with
the others. ??
Any suggestions?