Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
malycom malycom is offline

Default Calc to show difference in numbers in two columns

THank you both for your help

Everything is sorted now.

Much appreciated.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

I have just put un an EXCEL 2007 file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 54 towards the top of my home page.

I have applied your rule to cells:-

E 18 to E 26 inclusive and I have put in some test data in columns C and D
to see if my rule works.

If you want to see the rule go to:-

Home / Conditional Formatting / Manage Rules / Show formatting rules for:
This Worksheet / Edit Rule . . .

Thanks.

(Sorry have just realized I should have shunted my data to the left one
column; apologies).

"malycom" wrote:

Hi

I have two columns of data.

I would like a formula that will put a figure in column D that shows the
difference between the figure in column B and Column C

If column C is a higher figure, I would like the calculation in column D to
be shown as Green.

I'm sure this can be done with Conditional Formatting but it beats me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm