Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Treadline Equation

If you don't know how to use any Excel function (with the exception of
DATEDIF), look it up in Excel help.
--
David Biddulph

MC wrote:
Haha yes I did mean trendline thanks for that correction. I do not
know what I was thinking when I wrote that.

I do not know how to use the LINEST, TREND, or LOGEST functions, but
I was using the trendline to forecast future expenses, assuming they
increase in a linear fashion (which is more than likely not the case,
but it works well enough).

Thanks for the help - It is much appreciated David and Mike!

"MC" wrote:

Hello Everyone -

When use a series of data and create a chart - then from that create
a treadline to forecast future values - sometimes the formula Excel
provides (used to forecast the future values) is, im guessing, to
big or too long and Excel will place an E next to a number.

Here is an example: y = 762870x + 5E+06

How can I see the equation in its entirety so I can use it?

Thanks!