Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default keeping conditional formatting after paste

Instead of simple 'paste' try using 'paste special' 'values'.
This will then only paste the copied value into the new cell's format.
Hope this helps

"ericahughes" wrote:

I am making a large spreadsheet that others will use and they will have to
paste large amounts of data onto the spreadsheet. The issue is that when
they paste their data the conditional format that I set up for them is
removed. Is there a way to lock the format in place and let them paste
still? I would be happy with protecting the sheet and allowing paste to
still be an option.