Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Krista Krista is offline

Default Lookup and return value

I need to lookup two values in Sheet 1, if they match Sheet 2 then return
value.

Sheet 1
Column A = CustName Column B = Company Name Column C = Id

Sheet 2
Column A = custname Column B - Company name Column C = need to add ID

Can you help. Thanks

"Luke M" wrote:

On worksheet 2, cell b2:

=INDEX('Worksheet 1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0))

With error trapping:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),INDEX('Worksheet
1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),"")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Krista" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets, W1 has a unique id that I need to place on W2, if the
names match.

If name matches from W1, then place Unique ID on W2

Worksheet 1 - 2 columns

Unique Id Name
100 Little
200 Smith
201 Blue
303 Yellow

Worksheet 2 - 2 columns - Need to display Id

Name ID
Little
Yellow
Blue