Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Krista Krista is offline

Default Lookup and return value

Now I need to lookup two values, if they match return value.

Sheet 1
Cust Name Company Name ID

Sheet 2
Cust Name Company Name

I need to add the ID to Sheet 2 if the CustName & Company Name match give me
ID. Can you help.

"Francis" wrote:

One other way, try this

Assuming your name start in A2 of Sheet 2, place this formula in B2 and copy
down
Take note that this formula requires that you sort your source data
ascending for it
to work.

=LOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$5,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5)

Adjust the range to suit yours.
--
Hope this help

Please click the Yes button below if this post have helped in your needs

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Krista" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets, W1 has a unique id that I need to place on W2, if the
names match.

If name matches from W1, then place Unique ID on W2

Worksheet 1 - 2 columns

Unique Id Name
100 Little
200 Smith
201 Blue
303 Yellow

Worksheet 2 - 2 columns - Need to display Id

Name ID
Little
Yellow
Blue