Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Rank Question

In EXCEL 2007, assuming your data is in range A 1 to D 7 inclusive.

1. Gives cells C 2 to C 7 inclusive a Range Name of, for example, RangeName.

These 6 cells contain your Score column.

2. In cell E 2 type the following:-

=RANK(C2,RankRange)

- and copy the above down and including cell E 3 to and including cell E 7.

3. Your automatic rankings will now be in the E column.

The highest score will be ranked first (99.9) and the lowest score will be
ranked 6th (73.5).

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"dchristo" wrote:

I need to figure out how to rank by manager ex:

Processor Manager Score Rank
Albert Scott 80.9 2
Brian Scott 91.5 1
Cathy Scott 79.3 3
Mable Delores 99.9 1
Elaine Delores 95.6 2
Tony Delores 73.5 3

I have 100 or so managers so I want a formula to calculate it automatically
without any manual intervention.

Thanks