Jon Peltier

You can't put these formulas in the dialog entries for a chart, but you
can use the formulas to define dynamic ranges, and use the ranges in the
chart series dialog. The first few examples on this page link to more
detailed explanations.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

cwilliams wrote:

I'm processing data in a very large data file and have multiple data files to
process. To expidite the process I want to use VLOOKUP to lookup a time stamp
and return cooresponding row indices. I've accomplished this suing the
formuals below:

=VLOOKUP(H8,Data!$B$5:$T$64000,19); returns 455 from an index row in the
imported data file.

Now I want to automatically update the X & Y range series in multiple
charts. I tried to do this with the formula below that works in a worksheet
cell but it gives me en error when I paste the formula in the X or Y series
box of the chart.

=("Data!B"&INDEX(J8:K13,1,1)&":B"&INDEX(J8:K13,1,2 )); returns Data!B455:B1355
where 455 is located in cell J8

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,