Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Generic Macro

You could do this with a macro if you require that the new change be "hard
typed" into each of the workbooks, but you could do it simply by changing
things in one of the workbooks if you're willing to do a little up front work:

Open 1.xls and leave it open. Then open up 2.xls through 50.xls, one at a
time so you don't get lost, and go to the cell location in them that needs to
be updated and change the value to a formula pointing back to the same
location in 1.xls.

Process is to pick the location in 2.xls (and the rest) and type in an =
symbol and then select 1.xls, the sheet and location in it that holds the new
value, and then hit the [Enter] key and save 2.xls (and the rest). After
you've done this, all you have to do is change the value in 1.xls and when
you open the others, they will have the same new value in them.

This is only really worth the effort if this change process is going to be
something you do routinely.

If we had more information about the sheet name and cell locations that need
to be updated in them, we could probably have already provided code to do it.
I'll see what I can whip up quickly that you may be able to adapt to your
use.

"WildWill" wrote:

I have a range of files stored in the same location/sub-directory, and I need
to make the same change to each one of the files. How do I achieve this by
using a Macro? My files are named 1.xls, 2.xls....50.xls