Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Calc to show difference in numbers in two columns

For cell D2 try this formula:

=C2-B2
then use Format -- Conditional Format and choose "Cell Value Is" along
with "Greater Than" and type a 0 into the last area. Then set the font color
to the shade of Green you want when value in C value in B and click OK.

You don't have to do the conditional formatting one cell at a time, you can
choose all the cells with the =C#-B# formula in them and set the conditional
formatting for them all in one step.

"malycom" wrote:

Hi

I have two columns of data.

I would like a formula that will put a figure in column D that shows the
difference between the figure in column B and Column C

If column C is a higher figure, I would like the calculation in column D to
be shown as Green.

I'm sure this can be done with Conditional Formatting but it beats me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm