Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karen Karen is offline

Default Formula help needed

Hi Ashish

A pivot table is not ideal for my case. Someone else gave me a formula, it
was supposed to work but in my case it ended up with "#N/A". Can you help me
take a look?

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$4=DATEVALUE("Jan"))*($B$2:$B$ 4=3)*($C$2:$C$4="B")*N5:N11)

Thank you.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

You may create a pivot table - Drag month and section to the row area, Area
to the column area and time to the data area

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a chart with 5 columns :

Month | Section | Area | Time
Jan | 1 | A | 00:30
Jan | 3 | B | 01:30
Feb | 2 | A | 00:30
Feb | 1 | B | 01:30

Need to find out the total time based on different month, Section, Area.
That is, if I want the total time for Jan in Section 3, Area B what
formula
can I use?

Thank you.