Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Treadline Equation

I assume that you mean "trendline", not "treadline"?
5E+06 means 5 * 10^6

You may want to try a function such as LINEST or LOGEST, depending on what
sort of trendline you are looking at.
--
David Biddulph

MC wrote:
Hello Everyone -

When use a series of data and create a chart - then from that create a
treadline to forecast future values - sometimes the formula Excel
provides (used to forecast the future values) is, im guessing, to big
or too long and Excel will place an E next to a number.

Here is an example: y = 762870x + 5E+06

How can I see the equation in its entirety so I can use it?

Thanks!