Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Simon is offline

Default conditional format rage based on entries within range

Hi Mike,
that works well in terms of the formating for individual cells, but what I'm
trying to do is remove the formatting from the entire cell range once one
(or) more cells is filled. (The text to be inserted will be fairly random, so
I can't use a validated list either.)
Simon

"Mike H" wrote:

Simon,

Select A1 to d1 and then

format|Conditional formatting - Select 'formula is'
enter the formula =A1=""
Pick a colour
OK
--
Mike

question.

"Simon" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet in excel 2003 where a range of cells contain different
text.

If there is no text in any of the cells within the range I would like the
range conditionally formated (red), however if any or all of the cells within
the range contain text then no format should be applied;e.g.

If A1 to D1 are blank format cells red, when text is entered into B1 remove
formatting.

All help greatly recieved.
Simon.