Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
klmiura klmiura is offline

Default Return Text based upon text matching

Eduardo, I did as you suggested and unfortunately it still didn't work...I am
perplexed, because I know I have done this before and I don't remember it
being this difficult.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
it should work, are the names in column A exactly the same, check that there
is no any space. in another column do
=trim(A2)
copy down then copy this column as value on A, do the same in sheet 1

"klmiura" wrote:

I have two separate worksheets

Worksheet A

COLUMNA COLUMNB
Insurance Company Name Maketer NAME

Aetna John Smith
BCBC Mary Doolittle
Abbington Mike Doe

Worksheet B

COLUMNA COLUMNH
Insurance Company Name Marketer Name
Aetna
BCBC
Abbington

I need the Marketer Name to show up in Column H of Worksheet B based upon
the insurance company matching in both worksheets. I have done the following
formula however it does not work...I am thinking I have to do an array...can
someone help me? =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A1:B68,2,FALSE)