Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default Return Text based upon text matching

Your formula should work. It is possible that there are spaces or other junk
in Company Name data on one (or both of the sheets).

Try copying one of the values from Worksheet A to Worksheet B and see if the
formula works. If it does you have something in your data.

The Trim and Clean functions can help you clean up your data.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"klmiura" wrote:

I have two separate worksheets

Worksheet A

COLUMNA COLUMNB
Insurance Company Name Maketer NAME

Aetna John Smith
BCBC Mary Doolittle
Abbington Mike Doe

Worksheet B

COLUMNA COLUMNH
Insurance Company Name Marketer Name
Aetna
BCBC
Abbington

I need the Marketer Name to show up in Column H of Worksheet B based upon
the insurance company matching in both worksheets. I have done the following
formula however it does not work...I am thinking I have to do an array...can
someone help me? =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A1:B68,2,FALSE)