Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I copy formula but only increment certain ranges?

You want to increment the row index number?

Entered in AC1 and copied down.

=HLOOKUP("ABCD",A$1:AB$2881,ROW(),FALSE)

Or maybe ROW() + 1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:47:09 -0800, NRath
wrote:

I'm having a similar problem to martc's. I'm working in Excel '07, trying to
drag down an Hlookup formula. The formula I'm using is:
HLOOKUP("ABCD",A$1:AB$2881,2,FALSE)

Originally I had no "$", once I put them in, it locks the return row at 2
instead on icreasing 1 with each additional row. Changing manually, it'll
return as expected, but I need to copy down for 2881 rows. I checked the
calculation tab and it's already set to automatic.

Your guidance is appreciated!