Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Invoice Number

If you want, send me a copy of the workbook you currently have and a
description of which method you want to use for creating a new invoice.

I can build you something.

email me at gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious.

Gord

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:24:48 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

You can do it in one workbook by copying and renaming the unfilled Master
sheet with an incremented invoice number.

But........If you will have many of these quotes/invoices you will
eventually get a workbook that is quite large and unmanageable.

You may be better off creating a Template workbook(*.xlt or *.xltm)

This will give you a new workbook for each client.

Then you would need VBA code to create the new invoice number when you open
the Template.

Which way do you want to go?

I can provide you a sample for each.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:36:11 -0800, Lee
wrote:

I have a quote form that will be used for business. At the top it has an
invoice number. When a new person comes in to get a quote i will open this
workbook and copy a new sheet from the master sheet, or the previous sheet.
Is there a way that a new invoice number can automatically come up just from
copying the previous sheet? Thanks for the help.