Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Expand Abbreviations For State Names

Fred, just to clarify why I provided what I did: he specifically asked for a
macro. Additionally, I wasn't sure just exactly HOW he wants to use it, and
that's the reason I came back with the Sub, which could be adapted to use
with a worksheet also.

I agree with you that a VLOOKUP() with a table is much simpler (and in this
case would be much faster).

Sometimes we just don't get quite enough info to give a "spot on" answer, do
we? At least with your input, and JPs, hopefuly Questor now has an option
available that will work for him/her.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Most people would use Vlookup for this. Create a table of the 50 states and
their "English" names. Then use a formula like:
=vlookup(a1,States!A:B,2,false)

Regards,
Fred

""Questor"" wrote in message
I am looking for a macro that converts US Post Office abreviations for
State
Names into plain English. If one is available please advise.
Thank you,
Questor

.