Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Open/Import MS Money OFX file into Excel?

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:41:19 -0800, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:

Downloading data from an online banking website. Besides Quicken files
(WebConnect and QIF), the only other file format is MS Money OFX.

That is an ASCII format with HTML-like syntax. I am currently writing a
macro to parse it. But I wonder....

Is there any way to directly input an MS Money OFX file into Excel, other
than purchasing a conversion program?

A Google search reveals that this question has been asked before in other
forums. I did not see a usable solution.

Well, I see there is a free ofx2csv converter available:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-.../OFX2CSV.shtml

--ron