Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Date Functions & Formatting

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:34:33 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

As far as I know using a defined name from another sheet has always been
allowed in CF

I have not been following the thread so don't know what OP had originally
set up or what problem got cleared up by moving a table.

Gord

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:08:48 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

I wonder why the OP had different results when he moved the table to the same
sheet. Has this always worked this way?

What he wrote was that he received an error message (otherwise unspecified)
initially. When I asked some questions to try to figure out the problem, he
wrote that the problem was solved by moving a lookup table used in the
conditional formatting formula from a different sheet to the same sheet.
--ron