Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daryl S Daryl S is offline

Default Rolling Averages?

--
Daryl S

"John Smith" wrote:

In cell C9 (assuming C2 to C8 has been filled in per your example), enter
this:
=D8
(This is the average to date, and what you want to add until you know an
actual value.)
Drag this formula down the column. Done!

Drag this formula down column C? But isn't this the row where he is entering
the amounts paid into the account? Shouldn't you mean D instead of C and
vice versa in the above? He said he wanted the average amount in D.

Yes, I did mean down column C. If you want to create another column
instead, you can, but then you probably need another column for the amounts
paid to date also. More columns and duplication than I would want, but it
would be OK to do. When you know an actual amount paid, you would over-write
the formula in column C with the real data.