Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default If formula

Check out help on Condtional Fomatting or go to either or both of these
sites.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlCondFormat01.html

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm

Which dates do you want highlighted and when?

60 days before expiry or similar?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:08:01 -0800, Toby
wrote:

Hi

can you help I need to highlight dates that are expiring

Row ColumA ColumB ColumC
1 Name DGR MHT
2 Jo 11/02/07 12/04/08

I have a large spread sheet for training puroses and I highlight dates
manally but
I am trying to make it highlight automatically, some training needs doing
every 2 years and some needs doing every 12 months. Hope you can help thanks
anyway if you cant

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF(B1:B4,"2C",A1:A4)/2

Adjust the ranges to suit your real data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am looking for a formula that looks at a range, and if meets criteria,
adds a selected range but actully divides each cell by 2 and gives sum of
these totals

Example
Col A Col B

Row 1 8309.60 2C
Row 2 5000 2
Row 3 2488.02 2C
Row 4 5127.10 2C

If B1:b4="2c" add cells in Col A and divide by 2 then total (in this case
would be 10688.57 NOT 15294.72)

Hope this makes sense.