Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Multiple formula parts and utilizing a table

I'm using Excel 2003.

Sorry, I'm not explaining this well. I'll try to give better info:

Let's say Column A asks you to pick 1 of 5 gems: Agate, Turquoise, Garnet,
Diamond, Pearl
Let's say Column B asks you to pick 1 of 6 Countries: US, Can, UK, China,
Japan, Germany

The other worksheet has a table with data (its a number in each cell)
representing all the possible permutations of those choices. However (and
this might present a problem) this row/column headers of this table are not
gems and countries. Is that a problem? Its just a stand-alone table.

So, on Column C, can a formula recognize which gem you picked in Column A,
which country you picked in Column B then go to the table and bring in the
number from a table and put it into Column C. (Eg if I picked Agate and
China, I want Column C to say 1394).

Thanks!

"Marilyn" wrote:

First, I'm sorry but consider me a very basic user. I'm trying to figure out
how to do a formula.

Column A Column B
Column C
(has multiple options via dropdown) (has multiple options via dropdown) ??

A user selects an option in A and an option in B. In another sheet (same
workbook) I have a table of data on 5 columns/6 rows. Depending on their
selections in A & B, I need to have column C populated with data from a
particular cell in that table. Is this even possible?