Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2007

I have just put up the file that I used for testing at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 49 towards the top of my home page.

All I did was the following:-

1. Highlight the data (cells A 1 to B 12 inclusive).

Insert / Charts / Column / Clustered Colum

2. Highlight the data (cells A 1 to B 12 inclusive).

Insert / Charts / Column / Line / Stacked line with Markers /

Drag the 2nd chart so that it is not on top of the 1st one.

Save the file.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"rrupp" wrote:

How, then, because when I do it, the new graph/chart over-rides the one that
is existing. Is there a setting to change? I go through the same steps as I
did in 2003, I create the chart, when it asks where to put it, I say in chart
1 and it says do you want to override the chart, I say no. So, it doesn't
allow me to do it. If you can do it, please tell me how.

Please advise. Thanks so much!

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

I have just tested this and, in EXCEL 2007, from the same underlying data, I
have created both a Column Chart and a Line Chart so the answer to your
question appears to be yes.

If my comments have helped plese hit Yes.

Thanks.

"rrupp" wrote:

When using Excell 2007, when I create a graph and place it in a new sheet, it
works fine. But, what I'd like to additionally do is create another graph
and place it on that same sheet. Excel 2007 over-rides the first graph. I
finally just copied and pasted the other graph on to the sheet but can you
insert multiple graphs on one sheet, without copying/pasting, without it
over-riding the other graph(s)?

Thanks for your time.