Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default how to return mulitple corresponding values

The generic method is like this:

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF(A$1:A$10=lookup_value,ROW($1: $10)),ROW(1:1))),"",INDEX(B$1:B$10,SMALL(IF(A$1:A$ 10=lookup_value,ROW($1:$10)),ROW(1:1))))

However, that's not very efficient or robust. If you provide some details we
can come up with something that's better.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
When I drag it down and fill in the cells, i get #NUM as it cannot locate
any
more matches. How do i ISERROR that out to return a "-" after it meets the
end threshold.

"T. Valko" wrote:

How about providing some specific details about what you're wanting to
do.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
Awesome, I have been searching for this... How do i mod it for to
return
a -
etc if there is an error. Such as it has checked the list and returned
everything but i have a defined range.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

The basic formula is something like this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(B$1:B$10,SMALL(IF(A$1:A$10=lookup_value,ROW ($1:$10)),ROW(1:1)))

Then copy down.

Where column A contains the lookup_value and column B contains the
values
be returned.

Need more specific details to offer a more robust suggestion.

Biff

"MetricsShiva" wrote in
message
i want to look up a name that occurs several times in one column of a
spreadsheet and return corresponding values from each row the name
occurs
on.
Vlookup returns only one value. How can I get multiple values?

.