Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James C[_2_] James C[_2_] is offline

Default Filter out rows of information in a list via VBA

Dave thank you for your response.

I am having difficulity with running your suggestion. I hope you may be able
to still help.

The with worksheets was out of range so I deleted this as I put your macro
into part of a current macro.I am hoping this is not a problem.
The
set myrng = .range("A1", .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup))
is coming up as a complie error and I do not know how to orrect this.
Can you help further?

Thank you James

--
James

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Dim myCell as range
dim myRng as range
dim delRng as range

with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere")
set myrng = .range("A1", .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup))
end with

for each mycell in myrng.cells
if lcase(left(mycell.value,1)) = lcase("u") then
'keep it
else
if delrng is nothing then
set delrng = mycell
else
set delrng = union(mycell, delrng)
end if
end if
next mycell

if delrng is nothing then
'nothing to delete
else
delrng.entirerow.delete
end if

========
Untested, uncompiled. Watch for typos.

I used column A and deleted the entire row. You may have to change the code.

James C wrote:

I have a list in a worksheet which has a column headings and in one column
contains text data. In the rows the data consists of items such E10, V19 and
U27.The rows in the list change frequenlty, as new data is added, so the
column length varies.

I want to get rid of any item that does not have the prefix U in front of it
and include this in part of an existing VBA statement.

Thanks
--
James

--