Alan

Sorry, that doesnt work, please ignore,
Cringe,
Alan.
=IF(AND(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet1!A1)0,COUNTIF(Sh eet2!A:A,Sheet2!A1)0),"Duplicate","")"Alan" wrote in .. . With the lists in Sheet1 Column A and Sheet2 Column A, somewhere else=IF(AND(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet1!A1)0,COUNT IF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet2!A1)0),"Duplicate","") and copy dwn to the last cell in the ranges, Regards, Alan. "stevel" wrote in ...I am trying to compare numbers in two different worksheets. In worksheetone I have a list of number and in worksheet two I have a list of numbers,but I want to know if a number appears in both worksheets. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance.